“Personal information” is the information about an individual which identifies or is capable of identifying that individual, including but not limited to, names, addresses, email and other contacts, employment, claims, or criminal history.
RUNACRES INSURANCE is bound by the Privacy Act 2020 (Act) including the principles and codes that are associated with the Act.
2. Collection of Personal Information
RUNACRES INSURANCE may collect personal information about an individual in a variety of ways, including when an individual interacts with RUNACRES INSURANCE in person or electronically, for example when an individual accesses our website.
RUNACRES INSURANCE will only collect personal information about an individual where the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information collected and held, how that information is collected and held and the purposes for which that information will be collected, held, used and disclosed will depend on the circumstances.
Examples of instances where personal information may be collected by RUNACRES INSURANCE include:
- collecting personal information from clients of our members for the purposes of enabling proper referrals to assist that client; and
- collecting personal information from individuals who enter into service agreements, joint venture agreements or other transactions with RUNACRES INSURANCE and/or our members for the purpose of providing serves and administering those agreements.
Examples of the kinds of personal information RUNACRES INSURANCE may collect and hold include:
- phone number;
- email address;
- information about assets or liabilities to be insured;
- information from enquiries made;
- communications between RUNACRES INSURANCE and an individual; and
- physical and personal risk profile, insurance policy, and other related information.
RUNACRES INSURANCE will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that is collected, used or disclosed by it is complete and up to date. RUNACRES INSURANCE will only collect personal information about an individual from that individual unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
3. Use of Personal Information
RUNACRES INSURANCE may use and/or disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is directly related to the purpose of collection. For example, personal information may be disclosed to other service providers of RUNACRES INSURANCE , including, but not limited to insurers, lawyers, loss adjusters, broker network managers, investigators and health service providers.
RUNACRES INSURANCE may also disclose your personal information:
- if RUNACRES INSURANCE are directed to do so by government authorities including, but not limited to the Police, or Inland Revenue Department, or in order to comply with the law or any statutory request;
- to a third party if you have given RUNACRES INSURANCE written consent or authorisation to do so; and/or
- to a third party such as marketing or research agencies.
Where personal information is used for research or product development or marketing purposes, RUNACRES INSURANCE will ensure that the public information does not identify an individual.
Additionally, where you have procured services from RUNACRES INSURANCE or its member and authorised agent, may disclose your personal information to:
- any person authorised by you;
- a financier whose name appears on your policy (for the purpose of confirming the currency of your policy or to confirm if the financier has a current interest);
- an insurer who is providing your insurance (for the purpose of confirming your personal and insurance details, and providing and administering your insurance policy including any claims made under the insurance policy);
- another person named as a co-insured on your policy (for the purpose of confirming if full disclosure has been made to RUNACRES INSURANCE );
- an organisation who provides you with banking facilities (for the purpose of confirming payments made by you to RUNACRES INSURANCE );
- an airline, medical practitioner, treating doctor or emergency assistance provider (to establish your medical status and fitness to travel);
- a dispute resolution organisation (for the purpose of resolving disputes between RUNACRES INSURANCE and you or between RUNACRES INSURANCE and a third party);
- a family member, in the case of a medical emergency;
- a related company or agent that provides computer hosting and support services;
- a mailing house, records management company or technology service provider (for printing and/or delivery of mail, including secure storage and management of RUNACRES INSURANCE records);
- RUNACRES INSURANCE related entities, so that RUNACRES INSURANCE and/or its member may offer you other products and services;
- a company to conduct surveys on RUNACRES INSURANCE ‘ behalf for the purposes of improved customer services and/or;
- an insurance reference bureau (to record any claims you make upon an insurance policy purchased through RUNACRES INSURANCE and/or its member).
Further, in the event of a claim, RUNACRES INSURANCE or a RUNACRES INSURANCE authorised agent or member may disclose your personal information:
- to a repairer or supplier (for the purpose of repairing or replacing your insured items);
- to an investigator, assessor, government authority, medical practitioner, hospital or other professional adviser (for the purpose of investigation or assessing your claim);
- a lawyer or recovery agent (for the purpose of defending an action by a third party against you or recovering RUNACRES INSURANCE ‘ costs including your excess); and/or
- to another party in a claim (for the purpose of obtaining a statement from them or seeking recovery from them or to defend an action by a third party).
Personal information about you may also be sought and obtained by RUNACRES INSURANCE from the above people or organisations, and you authorise RUNACRES INSURANCE to obtain personal information from these sources.
4. Security of Personal Information
RUNACRES INSURANCE will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
RUNACRES INSURANCE will also take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information it holds that is no longer necessary for the disclosed purpose is destroyed or permanently de-identified, subject to any legal obligation to keep the personal information for any required period.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 – RUNACRES INSURANCE are obligated to notify both the Privacy Commissioner and any affected individuals of any notifiable privacy breach as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the breach. The process to follow as APPENDIX 1.
5. Access to, Updating and Correcting Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have the right to access and correct your personal information. In accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 RUNACRES INSURANCE will:
- Provide RUNACRES INSURANCE dispute resolution procedures to you, should you wish to complain about how RUNACRES INSURANCE handle your personal information.
RUNACRES INSURANCE ‘ aim is to have accurate and up-to-date information. When you receive policy schedules, renewal notices or other documents from RUNACRES INSURANCE , you should contact RUNACRES INSURANCE if you consider the information is not correct. Where reasonably possible and appropriate, RUNACRES INSURANCE will correct the information on RUNACRES INSURANCE ‘ systems or held on file or note your request to correct the information on our systems or files.
If you have a complaint or want more information about how RUNACRES INSURANCE is managing your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer. For security reasons, any request for details of personal information held by RUNACRES INSURANCE must be made in writing.
RUNACRES INSURANCE may amend this Policy from time to time.
7. Intranet and Website
This Policy as amended from time to time is to be placed on the RUNACRES INSURANCE website and is also available upon request.
8. Concerns, Queries and Complaints
If a person has any concern, query or complaint about:
- any personal information that may have been collected, used or disclosed by RUNACRES INSURANCE ;
- a breach of the Privacy Act 2020, its principles and codes,
they are to be referred to the Privacy Officer of RUNACRES INSURANCE .
RUNACRES INSURANCE takes complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of the complaint.
Contacting the RUNACRES INSURANCE Privacy Offer:
Contacting our dispute resolution service:
- Financial Services Complaints Ltd
- PO Box 5967 Wellington 6011
- Telephone: (04) 472 3725
|POLICY APPROVED BY||Board of Directors|
|DATE OF NEXT POLICY REVIEW||August 2024|
|MANAGER RESPONSIBLE FOR POLICY||Tasha Brobyn|